Saturday, December 3, 2016

UPING MY VIDEO SKILLS TO SEQUENCES

Getting From Point A To Point B

In our new video project we worked on AB sequencing. A B sequencing is where the subject of the video is starting at one point and then moving to another point. Before I started my video, Mr.Cooper paired us up with a partner. Together we drew up our storyboard. The video that my partner and I would make is about a game of tag, so in our storyboard we drew out the game of tag. Since my video is about people playing tag I started out with one person tagging the other one. Then I filmed an wide to show the tagger running after the person he trying to tag. After that shot I filmed an over the should of the tagger to show where they are going and the view from taggers point of view. Once I filmed that shot I filmed a variety of other types of shots to show the other person being tagged and the running after the former tagger. One detail that is very important to a video especially one with A B sequencing is the axis line. The axis line goes done the middle of where the characters are. Who ever is filming must stay on one side of the line the entire time unless the characters face a different way than they were before. To keep the video constant we must pay attention to the axis line. After all the shots were filmed, I imported them onto my computer. Once the shots were put onto my computer I started editing my video and putting all the frames into order. When I was done editing my video was less than 30 seconds long (which is the required length of the video). To make the video 30 seconds long, I slowed down some clips which I will make a blog on how to do. This is the final product of this process.



New Knowledge

In this project I learned had to sequence shots to show movement. To do this I learned how to edit the clips smoothly to make a smooth transition from shot to shot to show movement correctly. I also learned about different kinds of shots I can use to add variety to the video.Throughout filming I also learned the importance of communication between director and actors. If the communication is weak then the actor has no understanding of what the director wants, leaving the director without the shot they wanted. This lack of communication would end up making the filming of the video taking longer than it should. The information I learned during this project will help me in later in upcoming projects and just in life as a whole.


Next Time I'll...

In my next video there are many things that I will change. Before I even start filming I will make my storyboard very detailed with lots of different shots. This detailed story board will give me a very detailed and well planed out visual for my video.When I start filming I will pay close attention to the Rule of Thirds, which is a grid where there are points that make the shots more appealing to look at. Another aspect of filming I can improve on is keeping the shots level and at eye level. All of these areas will make my videos look much better. Even though there are some things I would change, there still some aspects I would keep the same. One of the things I would keep the same is the creativity of my videos. I also like how I use a lot of my classmates in my videos which keeps the videos interesting and different from each other. These aspects make my videos unique and mine. In this video, however, there are some things I would do differently. In the shot where the actors are running down the hallway I would have split it into different kinds of shots instead of that one long one. I also would have used the Rule of Thirds more consistently. The last thing I would have changed is making sure all of my shots are level and not settling for an okay shot and keep reshooting until I get the shot I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment