Monday, December 18, 2017

MAN....I WISH I COULD DO THAT

Summery

The short filmed I watched was called "First Date Short Film" by First Date Team. This film was about two people who met for a first date and as the date goes on incidence happen that reveal who they really are. At first you thought the girl was going to be cooler than the guy because he a nerd. However, we find out that the girl altered her appearance with makeup and implants. Even though she wasn't completely honest the guy still likes her and, instead of leaving, takes off his wig to revel a bald head. At the end they both skip off and live happily ever after. I really enjoyed this film because it was light hearted and sweet.

I Become A Film Critic

The animation was really good. All the characters had their own distinct quirks that made them them and were really fun to watch. These quirks also fit with the overall cartoonish feel of the film. The man on the date had a very exaggerated walk, bringing his knees up higher than the normal person. On the other hand the waiter took little steps that made him appear as if he were simply bouncing up and down rather than walking. The movements of the characters were very smooth, even when they grabbed something, there was nothing off, no spaces that wouldn't naturally be there, and, while it was cartoonish, it still had an element of realism. One thing they could do to improve the film is add more texture, everything was really flat. Adding texture would make it more entertaining and add more dimension. Overall, the production of the film was very good and smooth.

I Can Kind Of Do That

Watching an animated short while taking animation is cool because I can look and see what skills I can apply to my projects and what ones I already know. One of the skills I can learn to apply to my work is making peoples mouths move to talk. I think that would be really interesting to learn how to do because then I could make my own short film. Even though I can learn a lot of skills used in this project,  I already know how to do some as well. One skill I already know how to use is the pin point tool/moving elbows and knees.


CGMeetUp. “CGI Animated Short Film "First Date Short Film" by First Date Team.” YouTube, YouTube, 18 Nov. 2017, www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGoFcDR7Ia8. 18 Dec. 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment